I love a good healthy muffin, these are simple and tasty and my kids loved them.
Spelt Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs (or flaxseed eggs for a vegan recipe)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine spelt flour flour, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt. Whisk till evenly combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut sugar and coconut oil. One at a time, whisk in eggs. Add milk, vinegar, and vanilla extract. (The coconut oil may start to solidify again when you add the cold milk, so you may want to warm the milk slightly to prevent this) Whisk till evenly combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine, just till all dry ingredients are mixed in. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Evenly distribute batter into muffin tin. Makes 12 muffins.
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes, until muffins are cooked through.
- Enjoy! Serve with yummy jam!
Lefruit is a great jam I buy from Superstore that is
sweetened with grape juice instead of sugar